Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani, India’s leading Institute of Higher education has conducted computer based online test for admission to integrated first degree programmes, first semester 2014-15.
BITS Pilani offered the following courses at various campuses (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai).
B.E.(Hons): Chemical Engg, Civil Engg, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engg, Electronics and Communication Engg, Electronics and Instrumentation Engg, Mechanical Engg, Manufacturing Engg, Biotechnology, B.Pharm at Pilani
M.Sc.(Hons): Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, M.Sc.(Tech) General Studies at Pilani.
- Candidates are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2014 who have passed 12 class examination in 2014 or 2013.
- Students who obtain first rank in any central or state level board exam in india held in the year 2014 will be given direct admission to the programme of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2014 score subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned in the notification.
- The prescribed application form, the detailed application procedure and the final list of degree programmes offered will be available by 20th May, 2014 on the website http://www.bitsadmission.com.
How to apply
Interested candidates should register for BITSAT 2014 by applying in prescribed application form at http://www.bitsadmission.com. The prescribed fees for BITSAT 2014 is Rs. 1900/- (1400/- for female candidates). Options for payment of fees are given at official website.
- Last date for registration: 15.02.2014
- Computer based test will be conducted between 14.05.2014 – 01.06.2014
For more details visit official website
Birla Institute of Technology Offered the following courses.
Applied Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics, Bio-Medical Instrumentation, Bio-Technology, Chemical Engineering & Technlogy, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communication Enginering, Information Technology, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Production Engineering and Remote Sensing.
- An applicant for admission to the PhD programme of this Institute shall possess MPhil/Master’s degree in Tech/Eng/Pharm/Mgmt/Arch/ or equivalent, with minimum of 60% marks at Master’s level for general candidates (55% in case of full time sponsored candidates with a minimum of 3 years professional experience and SC/ST candidates) or MPhil/Master’s degree in Science/Humanities with minimum of 55% marks at Master’s level for general candidates or any other discipline approved by Technical Council of Institute from time to time.
- Applicants with BTech/BE/B.Sc Engg/BArch/BPharm/MBBS having minimum of 70% marks at Graduation level for General Candidates may also apply. This degree must entail a minimum of 4years of education after higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Candidates must have adequate proficiency in written and spoken English. Foreign nationals, excluding ex-students and faculty/staff members of BIT Intl campuses, possessing any of qualification listed 1, 2, 3 above shall be required to clear TOEFL or any other equivalent examination prescribed by the Technical council of Institute from time to time to become eligible for admission to the PhD Programme.
How to apply
To apply for the PhD Programme (Session Spring 2014) of the Institute, eligible candidates must download from the following website.
The Entrance Exam will be conducted on 25th Feb 2014.